NUZUNA ZONE FITNESS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Curious about EMS technology and the incredible impact it can have on your health and workout routine? Here are some frequently asked questions from our clients - we hope they can help you with the answers you need.
Definitely no! EMS is far from a painful sensation, what you can expect is nothing more than your phone vibrating in your pocket. Everything is customized FOR YOU! If you feel the stimulation level is too high, your instructor has the ability to calibrate for your body type.
We will provide you with a Nuzuna Power Suit; a smart suit consisting of 20 pre-placed pads on all the major muscles. For the stimulation to work most effectively, you want as much skin-to-suit contact as possible. We recommend minimal garments underneath. If the style of the suit makes you feel uncomfortable, no worries! Feel free to bring clothing that will gently fit over your suit (loose tee-shirt, sweatshirt, shorts, sweatpants etc.) At Nuzuna, fitness is all about YOU so bring your sneakers and we’ve got the rest!
BOTH! Beginners or professionals are welcome. Nuzuna’s outstanding staff are here to help ANYBODY age 16 or older achieve their fitness goals. If you have any prior injuries please ensure your trainer is aware. Please see our waiver to learn more about certain health conditions and EMS.
Yes, absolutely! Power Suits are optional for all Nuzuna Fitness activities. Given that 48 hours is recommended between activated workouts, you can train with us minus the Power Suit (non-activated) on days your body needs a rest from EMS.
2 to 3 times per week is the most beneficial.
- Zero alcohol or caffeine beverages the day prior to your EMS session is extremely important.
- Ensure you have consumed at least 24 oz (~.75L) of water in the last hour, and at least 100 oz (~3L) in the past 24 hours.
- Make sure you’ve been eating a balanced diet. Your diet must be supportive of the high-performance exercise you are about to begin.
- Ensure NO use of electronic devices while in session. (Smartwatches, cellphones, AirPods, etc.)
- Bring your sneakers, socks, shorts or sweatpants
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled session to allow you enough time to check-in and suit up!
After your session you will return your Power Suit and are free to use our showers and amenities. You may experience some mild muscle fatigue and soreness the day after your session, but that just means the stimulation is working properly and you had a great workout!
Make sure to stay hydrated, consume a diet that is balanced and will emphasize your recovery.
Consider using an amino acid supplement and minimizing alcohol consumption for 24 hours following the session.
Our state-of-the-art Power Suits are lined with antibacterial silver flaking to help with sanitation. After each use, our suits are washed and sanitized with a special detergent to ensure proper hygiene. The Nuzuna Suit does not need to be washed after each training unit. After each training unit, the suit should be turned “inside out” so that it can dry much faster. You are recommended washing the E.M.S Suit after 3-4 training units.
- Gentle cycle (easy to clean) at maximum 30°. Maximumspin speed: 800 rpm.Wash the suit using the laundry net provided and do not turn “inside out”.
Close the Velcro fasteners prior to washing. Suitable pH neutral washing detergent (without bleach,
pH value 8-8,5) must be used as washing detergent.
- Do not use fabric conditioner.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not iron.
- Dry flat, do not dry in direct sunlight.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not wring out. Keep away from fire.
Before & After EMS Session Guide
EMS training allows you to achieve muscle contraction more effectively and with greater efficiency and provides medical, cosmetic, and performance-related benefits.